22 July 2017

Boko Haram is political, not religious – 2face Idibia


Nigerian Music legend, 2Face Idibia has said that the Boko Haram crisis has nothing to do with religion but rather the failure of the political leadership of the country.
He spoke to journalists in Maiduguri during his visit to displaced people, as part of his Foundation’s collaboration with United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) to drum support for the IDPs.
He said;
” I am here in Maiduguri with support from UNHCR to use my music in contributing to alleviate the suffering of our IDPs and other victims of insurgence.
“I feel honoured to work with organization like UNHCR, am just one person, when I went round some of these camps, I was saddened, I saw fear, sorrow and trauma, I feel disappointed looking at the faces and eyes of the IDPs. You will see hunger and object poverty. Unless Government and politicians shun injustice, corruption and remained focus and committed to our collective development, these same set of traumatized and displaced people in camps may turn up to be more dangerous in the society.
“Although, I have seen hope of life among some of these IDPs, all hands must be on deck to the needful by rendering support no matter how little it is. Presently I have a song, titled ‘Hold my Hands’, this song is on many platforms, all people need to do is to download it and use it ringing tone. It will only cost you N50 per month, but will surely contribute in giving hope of life to our traumatized victims of insurgency.
“In my little way, I have come and seen the live in camps and next week, when I go back to Abuja, we are going to do a concert as my proceed donation in alleviating the suffering of the IDPs.”
He announced that he will donate part of the proceeds from his new song launched on World Refugee Day this year to support the affected population through UNHCR., adding that he will be staging a concert in Abuja at the Hilton Hotel on 24 July as part of continuing efforts to support IDPs and returnees in Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment