03 August 2017

Catholic Priest Dragged On Social Media for Resigning from Priesthood


Nigerians have taken to social media to critique an Akwa-Ibom Catholic priest, Rev Fr Patrick Henry Edet, who resigned from the priesthood on the grounds that he has a divine call.
According to reports, Fr Patrick said he had to resign due to his divine calling, adding that he has been facing all levels of condemnation from the Church hierarchy.
He concluded that for him to be free to continue with his Divine calling, he must give way to the priesthood, though he had sworn to be loyal and law abiding to the Catholic priesthood and the Church hierarchy.
Part of his statement reads:
“Henceforth, I cease to be a Catholic Priest, in my spirit and in my soul… I forgive those who will criticize me. I live for God. I seek freedom for my soul. As I leave, I leave smiling. I am so happy that I am free.”
But, many Nigerians on social media do not agree with him.
On Instablog9ja, while some accused the priest of resigning due to an uncontrollable desire for sex (contrary to the Priesthood Celibacy oath), others accused him of venturing into priesthood because of personal intentions, without any plan to stay till the end.
Read some of the comments below:
@Adaakuego: “Start your fake miracles and fuck as much as you want, openly.”
@Nuelchinedu: “Women get power. This one has been forced out of priesthood.”
@Big_chuks: “He wants to ‘kpansh’, but you know it’s difficult to just say I want ‘kpansh’. That’s why I he resigned.”
@Afamale: “Perhaps he needs a wife.”
@Mbhwandie: “He will just continue ‘knacking’, because we all know that he had been knack, even before resigning. Abeg, who held youu before? Abi priesthood na bondage? Even if it is, did anyone force you into it?”
@Minastylesall: “That is what you get from people who go into a willful venture with the intention of personal gains; it never comes to a good ending.”
Well, the priest said he has a ‘Divine calling,’ perhaps it’s true, who are we to judge? However, we wish him well in his future endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment