21 August 2017

Graduate Defrauds Partner Of N7m, Buys Car, Goes On Vacation


A 35 year old graduate, Gladys Assah has been arrested by the Operatives of the Lagos Rapid Response Squad for allegedly defrauding her business partner, Nkiruka Okon, of N7million.
Assah, a native of Cross river state, works as a network marketer for a popular product based in Ikeja.
Assah in her words said,
“I met Okon, a banker who reported me to the police in Port Harcourt, in 2008. I did not mean evil. We were just friends then. Later in 2015, I marketed a product, Healthy Halogen Oven, to her. The product was imported into Nigeria by a network marketing company, Avenues to Wealth,”
“As a network marketer and a partner to the company, my duty was to bring potential customers and partners into the business for a win-win profit-making, both for the customer and myself.
“I told Okon about the Healthy Oven, which was one of the products of Avenues to Wealth sold for N12,000 at company price. We agreed to partner in buying a large quantity of the product; Okon put together the financial capital, while I did the marketing and transportation of the product to the customers. Along the line, things did not work out well. It was not my intention to swindle her.”
The victim said she decided to go into partnership with her after which she got duped.
Okon said;
“We agreed to buy about 410 units of the products. I made a deposit of N4,500,000 to Gladys account on the agreement that after sales I would be collecting back N7.5m, but she refused to stick to the plans as agreed in our memorandum of understanding.
During one of our confrontations in 2016, Gladys issued me a dud cheque  of N3m, N2m and another N2m making N7m in total but the bank told me the cheques were not payable.”
.
The suspect however disclosed to investigators to have used proceeds from the second fraud to open a catering shop business, bought car, travelled out on vacations and got a suitable apartment for her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment